Pair to stay?

By Matt Lawton
October 13 2002

There is speculation that Centurions chairman Mike Nolan may go back on his word in two situations involving coach Paul Terzis and scrum half Bobby Goulding. It was originally touted that both Terzis and former international half back Goulding would leave Hilton Park in the event of Leigh failing to be promoted last night , which we all know is what happened. Nolan said that should finances be secured, the two may stay. Originally it was announced that Terzis would leave should Leigh fail to win the Grand Final but now opinion among the huge Centurions support is mainly in faovur of giving Terzis one last chance at getting Leigh into the big time. Goulding arrived at Hilton Park two months ago and since then has proved to be an inspiration to the club's supporters and young players. Nolan is quoted as saying "There has got to be some financial reality in the NFP and we'll be putting a budget together. "We will get the best available for that budget and keeping Paul is certainly not ruled out, I've a lot of time for him as a coach. But I also have a business to run. "The one certainty is that we'll be having another go at it next year. I do believe the door is open with promotion and relegation." "We've got some talking to do," said Nolan on the subject of Goulding. "We're looking at all the options. We would like to retain the best of what we possible can."

Bookmark or share this story with: